Business Intelligence Specialist
The role is within Business Intelligence Competency Center (BICC); a lean team supporting the larger Van Ameyde organization in driving the overall strategy and execution for Business Intelligence, Analytics and Reporting. The role is part of a dynamic, multinational team of 15 people, geographically distributed between Rijswijk (The Netherlands) and Lisbon (Portugal).
For our office in Rijswijk we are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Specialist to further strengthen the competency of our BICC department. BICC provides a wide variety of data related services: from making the data available in DWH to providing complex reports and advanced analytics. As Business Intelligence Specialist you are data-driven; understand business information needs and capable of transforming data into actionable management information. You are able to convey your ideas articulately to different parts of the organization and communicate with clients and stakeholders in international settings.
Your key areas of responsibilities:
- Responsible for end-to-end BI development, backend and frontend;
- Work on key client reporting to ensure successful delivery within deadlines;
- Understand complex business process;
- Communicate with clients (internally and externally) to understand business demands/requirements and provide BI input and expertise;
- Contribute to the maturity of BICC department.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field;
- You have at least 5 years of overall industry experience in design and development of business intelligence systems (Data Warehouse & Reporting);
- You have a combined skill set of critical thinking and analytical ability;
- You are passionate about data and understand data-driven philosophy;
- You are self-driven and self-sufficient in finding solutions and producing results;
- You are able to manage multiple projects end-to-end simultaneously;
- You are flexible, innovative, are proactive and show great responsibility towards your deliverables and tasks;
- You have a keen eye for details and drive to deliver high quality products;
- Fluency in English, both verbally and written.
- You have excellent communication and social skills.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with dimensional modelling;
- Experience with Performance tuning, optimization and maintenance of DWH;
- Working knowledge of data warehouse development in Microsoft SQL Server;
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL, functions and stored procedures;
- Strong knowledge of SSIS for integration from difference data sources;
- Experience in SQL Server Analysis Services is desired;
- Good knowledge of reporting tools such as SSRS;
- Experience with Tableau and advance data analytics is a plus.
We would love to welcome our new Business Intelligence Specialist to join our team and offer excellent opportunities, such as:
- Challenging projects and clients in an International playing field;
- Operating at top level stakeholder environments;
- An entrepreneurial environment in a growing company;
- An attractive salary;
- A variable bonus based on personal performance;
- A mobility compensation;
- Solid company pension scheme;
- Training opportunities.
Who are we?
Van Ameyde is a Pan-European company that operates with 1,000 employees in over 20 European countries. Van Ameyde provides claims and risk management services to insurance providers, fleet managers and corporate risk managers. In addition, in-house IT service provider “(Zero)70” develops solutions to increase efficiency of claims processes, while enhancing customer experience. With an average annual growth of over 10% in recent years, Van Ameyde‘s business development activities secure a healthy inflow of new clients, often multinational contracts.
If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please send your resume and motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A pre-employment screening is part of the selection procedure.
Please do not contact us for acquisition purposes!